FASD MAPS is a partnership of four Calgary-region agencies, with the goals of:
- To build on the strengths and abilities of individuals affected by FASD.
- To increase access to relevant FASD support and resources.
- To increase individual, family and community awareness of the issues related to the impact of FASD.
- To increase recreational and social connections for young people affected by FASD
- To increase family strategies and supports for managing FASD." (from the brochure)
Specific services include:
Mentoring (FASD info, strategies, coaching, etc.)
Advocacy (advocacy with schools, gov't, justice system, assisting with funding applications, etc.)
Partnership (education and consultation to other service providers, collaboration with probation and child welfare providers)
Support (emotional support, crisis intervention, transportation, FASD awareness groups, etc.)
For more information, read the FASD MAPS brochure (PDF format).
For referrals or inquiries please call 403 263-3447.