"Renfrew Educational Services provides assistance to children and families whose lifes have been affected by Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD). A variety of services are available for children in the age range of birth to eighteen." (from brochure).
- FASD Diagnostic, Consultation and Intervention Clinic: "provides assessments to assist in both diagnosis and intervention efforts"
- Stepping Out on Saturdays (SOS) Respite Program: "a full day camp which offers children [with FASD] fun opportunities to make friends as well as to learn important social, self-regulation, and problem-solving skills and strategies. It also provides much needed respite for caregivers in a safe setting. Open to children aged three to ten..."
- FASD Early Intervention / Consultation Program: "An early interventionist/consultant works with children (birth to ten years) and their families providing information, in-home early intervention, strategies, family support and assistance in accessing resources."
- Specialist Services for Children with FASD: Preschool In-Home Early Intervention, Social/Adaptive Functioning Skills Groups, Behavioural Consultation, and Parent Workshops are additional services offered. See their website for more information on these specialized programs which all include direct and/or consultative support from a multi-disciplinary team.
- Parent Support Group / Preschool Social Skills Program: "The parent support group provides parents of young children (birth to age 12) with an opportunity to gain more information about FASD and current promising practices and to network, problem-solve, and relax with other parents. A preschool social skills group runs concurrently with the parent group."
Renfrew Educational Services
2050 - 21st Street NE, Calgary AB T2E 6S5
Tel. 403 291-5038 Fax. 403 291-2499
Contact the FASD Intake Worker at extension 1615.
Printable brochures on these services are available -- Click here for the FASD Services page and then look in the left side margin of the page which opens.